1. Using: Any use of drugs or alcohol will result in immediate discharge. Any suspicion of using will result in a drug test.
2. Drug Testing: We will do a panel drug screen upon admission. Random drug test will be done at staff request. If you refuse to be tested you will be discharged. Charge: $5 to be added to room and board or paid upon testing.
3. Abuse: Mandalay Village has a "Zero Tolerance" policy for physical or verbal abuse to residents or staff. You will be discharged immediately for this offense. The policy will be called if necessary.
4. Property: If any damages to your apartment or Mandalay Village occur as a result of your negligence or inappropriate behavior, you will be held financially responsible for repairs. All residents of our cottages are responsible for maintaining front and back yards i.e., watering, trimming, lawn mowing and general clean-up.
5. Employment: You have 2 weeks from admission to get a job, arrange your school schedule or your volunteer schedule. You may use a combination of all three, with staff approval but you must have a full-time schedule. You must be able to provide proof of income.
6. Room and board: To be paid 1 week in advance on every Friday. Our week runs Friday to Thursday. If room and board is 2 weeks behind, you will be asked to leave.
7. Bounced Checks: Will result in a $25 dollar fee and future payments will be made in cash or money order only.
8. Gambling: This includes playing cards for money, buying lottery tickets, going to casinos or making any kind of bets. If you gamble you will be discharged.
9. Supplies: You are responsible for providing your own food, bedding, linen, cleaning products and your personal items. You are never to take any of these items from Mandalay Village "main house" without staff approval.
10. Curfew: Sunday through Thursday: You must be on M.V. property by 12am and in your own apartment. Exceptions will be by pre-arranged agreement with a staff member. Friday, Saturday and recognized Holidays: 1am. a. You must be in your own apartment by curfew, unless staff has given you permission to be late. Nightly curfew "checks" will be done by house manager. b. No person of the opposite sex is allowed in your apartment for any reason unless authorized by staff. Members of the opposite sex are NEVER allowed in your bedroom. c. No one under 18 is allowed in your apartment without staff permission. d. All of your guests must comply with our rules. Outside guests must be cleared with a M.V. staff member e. For the first 30 days as a resident your curfew will be 10pm, 7 days a week.
11. Overnights: Overnight passes must be approved 24 hours in advance. You must sign the "overnight log" in the office. Sign out when you leave and notify staff upon return. Expect to be drug tested at your expense upon overnight return. This is a safety issue. Do not ask for an overnight your first 30 days as a resident. An overnight pass is a privilege. You must be current on room and board, not on an M.V behavior contract and actively abiding by all rules.
12. Groups: Aftercare group is MANDATORY each Tuesday night at 6pm. There will be a peer council meeting after Aftercare Group and is also required. Staff must approve any absence from these groups. The request must be made 24 hours in advance. If you are late for these groups you may not be allowed to participate and could be discharged.
13. 12-step Meetings: You must attend a minimum of four 12 step meetings a week. You must be actively working with a sponsor at all times.
14. Medication: You are responsible for getting your prescriptions filled, taking the medication as prescribed and securing follow-up visits with your doctor. You will continue to take prescribed medications until your doctor decides differently. All medications including over the counter will be brought to staff immediately for approval.
15. Peer Council: Peer council members are represented by one cottage member. Council members will alternate every 30 days. You will meet briefly following Aftercare to discuss resident concerns and maintenance issues. This is mandatory. Please refer to your resident handbooks located in your cottage for peer council policies.
16. Smoking: Absolutely no smoking allowed inside any property building or cottage. Designated smoking areas are outside and in the pool area. All "butts" must be placed in ashtrays and emptied regularly.
17. Personal: Mandalay Village cannot assume responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to your personal property. If you leave or are discharged for any reason, you will be given 30 days to collect all of your belongings from the office. On day 31, items left behind will be donated.
18. Contracts: Mandalay Village staff and Program Director will intervene on any behavior that is detrimental to your recovery or that of the community. Individual contracts may be added to your resident commitment to better support your needs. Interventions may also be recommended by the peer council to support community needs.
19: Moving On: This program is meant to be a transition for you between treatment and total independence. We encourage your growth and will support your efforts to grow. Please give us 2 weeks notice before your final departure to allow applicants on our waiting list to make plans for their own admission. Security deposit will be withheld if a 2 week notice is not given and fulfilled. A $100 cleaning fee will be deducted from the deposit.
**If you do not give a 2 week discharge notice, or, are discharged for violation, you will not receive any portion of refund. **
20: Evictions: If at any time Mandalay staff believes you are not compliant with the above rules or believes that you are not working an honest responsible recovery program, you may be asked to leave. Decisions are made on an individual basis with consideration for the safety of the entire community, as well as the needs of each individual. All "special circumstance" discharges will be under the supervision of the Staff.
21: Fraternization: Absolutely no dating, having sex or having relationships with another M.V. client on or off property allowed. If at any time staff believes this is happening, both clients may be discharged. This rule applies to same sex preference.