1. Using: Any use of drugs or alcohol will result in immediate discharge. Any suspicion of using will result in a drug test.
2. Drug Testing: We will do a panel drug screen upon admission. Random drug test will be done at staff request. If you refuse to be tested you will be discharged. Charge: $5 to be added to room and board or paid upon testing.
3. Abuse: Mandalay Village has a "Zero Tolerance" policy for physical or verbal abuse to residents or staff. You will be discharged immediately for this offense. The police will be called if necessary.
4. Property: If any damages to your apartment or Mandalay Village property occur as a result of your negligence or inappropriate behavior, you will be held financially responsible for repairs. All residents of our cottages are responsible for maintaining front and back yards i.e., watering, trimming and general clean-up.
5. Employment: You have 2 weeks from admission to get a job, arrange your school schedule or your volunteer schedule. You may use a combination of all three, with staff approval but you must have a full-time schedule. You must be able to provide proof of income. While on job search, you must attend 2 meetings Monday through Friday.
6. Room and board: To be paid 1 week in advance on every Friday. Our week runs Friday to Thursday. If room and board is 2 weeks behind, you will be asked to leave.
7. Bounced Checks: Will result in a $25 dollar fee and future payments will be made in cash or money order only.
8. Gambling: Gambling of any kind is not allowed. This includes playing cards for money, buying lottery tickets or scratchers, going to casinos or making any kind of bets. If you gamble you will be discharged.
9. Supplies: You are responsible for providing your own food, bedding, linen, cleaning products and your personal items. You are never to take any of these items from Mandalay Village "main house" without staff approval.
10. Curfew: For the first 30 days as a resident, your curfew will be 10:00pm, 7 days a week. After 30 days, your curfew is: Sunday through Thursday: 12:00am. Friday, Saturday and recognized Holidays: 1:00am. Earliest you can leave is 4:00am, must be for work. a. You must be at your own apartment by curfew, unless staff has given you permission to be late. You must "check-in" with the evening manager at or before your curfew. b. No person of the opposite sex is allowed in your apartment for any reason unless authorized by staff. c. No one under 18 is allowed in your apartment without staff permission. d. All of your guests must comply with our rules and are subject to Urine Analysis. Outside guests must be cleared with a M.V. staff member. Guests must be checked in and out with staff.
11. Overnights: Overnight passes must be approved 24 hours in advance. You must sign the "overnight log" in the office. Sign out when you leave and notify staff upon return. Expect to be drug tested at your expense upon overnight return. This is a safety issue. Do not ask for an overnight your first 30 days as a resident. An overnight pass is a privilege. You must be current on room and board, not on an M.V behavior contract and actively abiding by all rules. Maximum of 4 overnight passes per month, maximum of 4 nights each (unless otherwise approved by staff)
12. Groups: Aftercare group is MANDATORY each Tuesday night at 6pm. Staff must approve any absence from these groups. The request must be made 24 hours in advance. If you are late for these groups you could be discharged.
13. 12-Step Meetings: You must attend a minimum of four 12-Step meetings each week. At least one of these needs to be on-site. You must be actively working with a sponsor, have a homegroup and a service commitment at all times.
14. Medication: You are responsible for getting your prescriptions filled, taking the medication as prescribed and securing follow-up visits with your doctor. You will continue to take prescribed medications until your doctor decides differently. All medications including over the counter will be brought to staff immediately for approval.
15. Smoking: Absolutely no smoking allowed inside any property building or cottage. Designated smoking areas are outside and in the pool area. All "butts" must be placed in ashtrays and emptied regularly.
16. Personal: Mandalay Village cannot assume responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to your personal property. Do not let other clients drive your personal vehicle. If you leave or are discharged for any reason, you will be given 30 days to collect all of your belongings from M.V Staff. After 30 days, items left behind will be donated.
17. Fraternization: There is absolutely no dating, having sex or having relationships with another M. V. client on or off property. If staff believes this is happening at any time, both clients may be discharged. This rule applies to same sex preference. While residing at Mandalay Village you are not allowed to go to any strip clubs.
18. Chores: Initial chore checks will be done by morning staff personnel Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10am. Any apartment or property duties needing to be attended to will be logged on the chore check sheet hanging by the sobriety board. Evening staff personnel will check that all chores are completed at 10pm. If chores have not been amended by 10pm the whole house may risk being placed on early curfew discipline.
19. Buddy Policy: During your stay at Mandalay Village you will be paired up with fellow peers on a monthly basis. It is your responsibility to make contact with said person and ensure you're following Buddy Activity protocol. This is to ensure all clients get to know one another better and benefit the community as a whole by building healthy relationships.
20. Contracts: Mandalay Village staff will intervene on any behavior that is detrimental to your recovery or that of the community. Individual contracts may be added to your resident commitment to better support your needs. Interventions may also be recommended by your house to support community needs.
21: Evictions:If at any time Mandalay staff believes you are not compliant with the above rules or believes that you are not working an honest and responsible recovery program, you may be asked to leave. Decisions are made on an individual basis with consideration for the safety of the entire community, as well as the needs of each individual.
22: Moving On: This program is meant to be a transition for you between treatment and total independence. Our aim is to encourage and support your growth. Maximum length of stay is 2 years. Please give us 2 weeks notice before your final departure to allow applicants on our waiting list to make plans for their own admission. Security deposit will be withheld if a 2 week notice is not given and fulfilled.
**If you do not give a 2 week notice or are discharged for violation, you will not receive any portion of refund**
23: Responsibility:As a recovering team, Mandalay staff has created these rules and guidelines. Our goal is to provide this structured lifestyle to create a safe, sober and stable living environment to support your recovery. It is your responsibility to help us keep it this way. If you know that someone is putting their own recovery at risk or putting the safety of the community at risk, you need to report this to staff immediately. Together we must all protect the structure and integrity of the program.